I have to say, Camden is getting to be more and more fun. Although, I sometimes feel that he is a little suicide baby, kind of like hamsters are. So curious, but without any concept of self-preservation. A little while ago, he suddenly reached out (way farther than I thought his arms extended) and grabbed the hot glass pan of nachos and yanked it towards himself before anyone could stop him. It did make him cry, but it did not stop him from making another attempt later on that night.
He's just growing and changing so fast! So this post is to remind me what Camden was like at 6.5 months old.
Some of Camden's new achievements:
He’s growing some hair! It’s difficult to tell, but it’s coming in very blond. He just doesn’t have a lot, but the coverage is pretty even.
Sitting in the grocery cart, when we go to the store. He thinks this is SO great!
Which has led to THIS development:
He started sitting up by himself a week or so ago. And he likes it..... as long as there are fascinating things within his reach. (Please note the very cute blanket Rebecca made for me, er, I mean, Camden.)
But he is too busy to sit for very long. He’s discovered how to transition from sitting to crawling, though his initial efforts at this typically involved a good bit of face-planting and some tears. Camden seems to have accepted that being active is going to involve a little more discomfort and he’s usually only bothered if he bonks his head on something poky or extra-firm. Like the tile floor.
Sitting and crawling just aren’t enough anymore though....
He thinks he is so clever! This is his new favorite thing. Unfortunately, it requires a lot more supervision than crawling! (Yes, his pants are falling down. Camden does not have a butt, so he often crawls and climbs right out of his pants.)
Oh, yeah, he has computer-hacking skills too.
Being ill helped him to develop a new range of pathetic-ness. This was a very common face. He has an even better expression of abject misery and sorrow, but I never clicked the camera at just the right second.
But he is still the very best boy ever!! And he has the very best belly-laugh! Makes me smile every time.
3 comments:
Oh! he is getting cuter! I love the sitting up. He looks SO pleased with himself! But pulling himself up to standing??? that's a little fast.
I didn't think he could get any cuter than his adorable old man face, but I see I was wrong. I admit my fault and congratulate you on a new level of cuteness! I love that he's getting more fun.
Sweet little boy is growing up SO FAST!!! :)
Post a Comment