Monday, November 8, 2010

A couple of sickos

Okay, I'm rather pathetic and I just need a little sympathy. 

I am sick.  The all-my-muscles-and-joints-hurt kind of sick, where your skin is prickly and you shiver even with ten blankets on top of you.  And your throat is on fire and your neck is so sore you don't want to move your head at all. 

This is my first time to be sick and be a mom.  Suffice it to say, this was not my most productive or interactive day.

Unfortunately, Camden is sick too.  I'm hoping he isn't suffering the same way though.  He has nasty goopy eyes and an ear infection.  It's not horrible, but I felt slightly validated for taking him to the doctor today.  Poor kid hasn't been sleeping well at all - a nasty cough and drippy nose bother him extra at night. 

Last night I just prayed extra hard that Camden would sleep well so I wouldn't have to emerge from huddling, shivering next to my furnace-husband and out into the apparently-frigid night air.  God was very merciful. 

Plus, I have the most incredible husband.  He took care of Camden this evening and made me dinner and ran an errand I was supposed to do for my calling.  He's a real hero!  Seriously.  Cause, really, if you've got to be sick, having an amazing husband on hand is the very best thing.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Poor Miranda! That really is terrible. Being sick is bad enough, but being sick and having to still be the mom is no fun at all. I hope you and Camden are better fast!