Thursday, November 4, 2010

Junk Mail Rules

Okay, I thought that the day might possibly come when a person stopped receiving credit card offers.  But this hope has been thoroughly demolished.  Even worse, I now know that the older you get, the MORE junk mail you get.  Like funeral and life insurance, hearing aid coupons, and enough stuff from the AARP to keep your shredder chowing on forever.

I am the lucky one responsible for handling my parents' mail while they are on their mission.  The mail forwarding quit sometime this summer and today I received a large package with the last few months' of correspondence.  Eek!!  I am pretty sure that Discover and Chase are responsible for at least a third of the Postal Service's workload.  I'm thinking the Democrats plan to keep the USPS in business by inciting their rivals to mail out unprecedented numbers of requests for financial support.  (I love how they include a survey as if they care about your opinion, but then they make you pay them to care about your opinion.  I mean, aren't we already paying our representatives?)

Anyway, out of this box of more than 50 envelopes, let's just say that only two were important, and maybe 5 others were helpful.  Too bad the mailbox out front doesn't have a junk mail compartment. 

If it did, I'd equip it with a handy little incinerator option.  More fun than a shredder!

1 comment:

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

See what you can look forward to as you age! Now you know why we go on missions, to get away from the junk mail. We do appreciate your efforts in our behalf. Now if only we could get you to pay our bills for us...