Sunday, November 21, 2010

The oven cleaner is on


And it's kinda smelly.

Since Dan was so marvelous and basically did everything for a very coughy, non-sleeping Camden last night, I made breakfast for Dan while he took a pre-church nap.  It would have been very yummy breakfast.  Cinnamon cake with peaches. 

Apparently, I didn't grasp the dish firmly enough when I was removing it from the oven.  This has never happened to me before.  The pan slipped from one hand, landed upside down on the open oven door, dislodging its contents onto the door window (which started sizzling), and then bounced off to crash on the tile floor, sending hot glass shards flying.  All I could do was watch in dismay as my eagerly-anticipated tasty breakfast came to such a sorry and spectacularly messy end.  And all because of a lame error on my part.  (I'm going to blame the greased pan though.)  Quite depressing.  I might just stick with cereal for a while.

Dan scraped it off the door, though, and we ate it anyway.  As long as you avoided the "window dressing" parts.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Poor Miranda! I loves you! And I hear your pain. I took a lovely cheesecake out of the oven and didn't realize it needed to cool and chill before it could safely be released from the springform pan. I let it cool about 30 minutes and then removed the pan. (It was my first cheesecake!) The entire delicious cheesecake disintegrated all over the top of the stove. I cried. And then I grabbed a fork.

Deborah said...

That is so sad! I hate it when a highly anticipated meal goes bad in one way or another. And it is even worse when there is a huge mess to go with it. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the breakfast, though.

And Yay for husbands who sit up with cranky babies so you could sleep!

Unknown said...

Poor Miranda. I'm impressed that's the only time you've had serious trouble. You must be a careful cook.
I am recalling a bowl of brownie mix and hand mixer flying all over my kitchen - it made a spectacular mess also. The Provo days were great.