Friday, October 28, 2011

A year and a half!

Camden believes he is the best helper ever.  He also wants to do exactly what Mommy and Daddy do - put toilet paper in the potty (even if you are in the way), stir the pancake batter (and stir and stir and stir but never actually cook them), use knives and drills and MP3 players, and paint.  He is getting so tall that we are running out of places to put things so they remain out of reach.  Everything that can be child-locked is, but it's still insufficient.  He has discovered that even though the drawer won't open all the way, he can snake his tiny hand in and have access to lots of things!

Here are his current stats:
Weight:  22 lbs 13 oz,  14%
Height:   33.25 in,  78%
Head:     48.5 cm,  70%

So we have a scrawny, skinny, tall boy.

Camden is obsessed with climbing and being taller to reach more things.  He thinks everything squatty is meant to be a step-stool, whether it be his child-size chair or a box or a paint can or a laundry basket or a shelf.  He moves his kiddy-chair all over to increase access and to watch me cook.

He is just an adorable boy!  


He found Dan's fedora and loved putting it on, but I couldn't get a good picture and he was so darn cute!  He just kept running up to me or too far away.  I need a faster camera!


He is getting really proficient with talking.  When I am cooking, I mostly hear "like it! like it!" especially if he sees vanilla or sugar or chocolate chips.  He also says "hold you" a lot and please.  The other day he was sitting in his car seat babbling "tank oo" over and over.  It was so cute!  He sometimes grabs one of Dan's lunch bags, throws it over his shoulder and says "ready? car? go!"

Camden loves peek-a-boo games, but he only recently started covering his face with his hands to play.


Where's Camden?
Here he is!

This kid is a teaser too.  If I say "Camden, don't walk in the street," then he walks one foot on the curb, one foot on the grass.  And sometimes, he will do something naughty and look at me impishly, watching to see just what I'm going to do about it.  I thought this stage didn't happen til later!  More often though, he will barely obey and push the edge to see exactly where it is.  Since I'm not too sure myself sometimes, it gets tricksy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a SUPER CUTE and HANDSOME little man you have!!!! SO EXCITED to see your next bundle of joy!!! Any idea if it's girl or boy??

Anonymous said...

oops, I forgot you had already posted the next kid is most likely a boy.....it will be SO FUN to see how much they'll be alike, or how totally different. =D