I suppose it's probably a little tacky to qualify Camden in the same class as Moroni.... But we have high hopes for his future!
We attended the Oklahoma City Temple a couple weeks ago (pictured behind Camden here). We traded off babysitting with another couple whose baby is just a few weeks older than Camden. I kind of felt like it involved a bit of sacrifice, since our silly boy did NOT sleep well the night before; it made for a horridly early morning; it took up a good part of the day; and it was disgustingly hot. Since our babysitting consisted of walking down the street to the LDS bookstore and then waiting around in the stinky hot sun until our friends emerged, well, it was a sweaty business. But it was totally worth it. And both babies were so well-behaved. I really appreciated the chance to serve and worship and feel the peace and serenity of the temple.
And really, since I'd recently had the conversation with my mom about what people in Kenya have to do and give up to go the the temple (which is all the way in South Africa!), it seemed like I didn't really have to sacrifice all the much - just my much-loved and deeply-coveted sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment