Friday, July 16, 2010

Camden Update

I didn't realize that having kids makes you enter time-warp. I'm not sure how it is, but the days are zooming past and it really does feel like Camden is growing up and changing so fast! And it is so fun and amazing to watch it happen!
Camden has recently decided that he is awake for the day starting about 5am or so (must have inherited that from his Marine Corps grandfather!). Fortunately for us all, he is quite happy and cute. Here is an example:


Camden no longer fiercely protests diaper changings, unless he is already angry about something else. He doesn't like things on his face, so he still finds having his clothing removed and replaced an unpleasant experience. But if you sweet-talk him he will usually endure it a little more stoically. And he doesn't really mind being nakee so much.


Tummy time isn't his favorite, but if it is inflicted on him before he is already tired, he will make some cute faces and balance on his belly (holding up his head and legs) before deciding he is DONE and proceeding to cry in a rather piercing manner.

Camden loves the bouncy seat. And this one makes music and lights up if you kick, which he thinks is really neat. I love the bouncy seat because it gives me two free arms!!



Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but some nice friends gave us this amazing floor play thing for Camden, which Dan suggested we try. Camden loves it! Although he isn't sure what to do if he actually grabs some of the dangly animals with his hands - he's never really captured anything more than my hair and a fistful of shirt.

Camden is much more interactive now. He has a playful time each day. Loves tickles and playing patty-cake and "This Little Piggy Went to the Market" (although our piggy prefers to eat ice cream). Oh, and he likes "This is Sitting; This is Standing". He's pretty strong too.



He makes the cutest faces!! He is so expressive. I don't have to wonder how he's feeling - I just don't always know how to fix it.



Oh, yeah, and there's another, less exciting post below, in case you missed it.


1 comment:

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

I love his little alert looks. He looks so serious. And he had a cute, energetic laugh!
Thanks for sharing.