Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Great Woman

When my father-in-law came down for Camden's blessing, he brought pictures of Dan's mom, which Dan spent a good amount of time scanning so we could have copies. It's really fascinating to see what she was like long before I ever met her. So I'm posting some of my favorites.


Because Dan's mom is really great and so worth remembering. We have sung "Have I Done Any Good?" at church a couple times lately and it always reminds me of her. She has left the most remarkable legacy of kindness and perserverance. I so miss being able to talk with her - she always set me straight without actually saying I was being a pansy.

I'll probably have more posts about Karoleen again! One really can't say enough wonderful (and completely true!) things about her. I only hope I can grow up to be half so compassionate.

Here she is as a young girl, just a couple years old.
This is her school photo from first grade. Looks very similar to Dan's!


Here she is, the day she got engaged to David.

I love this picture, cause it shows both sets of parents and the happy couple, all in the same position. I just think it's cute.
And they loved each other ever after too. David and Karoleen really supported and cared for each other in a remarkable way. Their affection for each other definitely did not diminish over time but evolved to greater and more meaningful depths over time. I hope Dan and I are the same!!

2 comments:

Kera said...

That was really cute! Thank you.

Savannah said...

Fun pictures! Wow! I really see the resemblance between her and all the McLellan siblings I've met! What a beauty!