Sunday, May 2, 2010

There's a baby in my house! And it's MINE.

Mainly I just wanted to post some more pictures of Camden, who I think is getting cuter all the time.




I love his fuzzy cheeks. (And, yeah, he scratched his face already - he really likes to try to grab his eyes and cheeks.)

This is Camden the day we came home from the hospital. I wonder if he has pugilistic tendencies - it's a pretty good boxing stance for a 4-day old kid. I thought the outfit particularly appropriate for a child of ours!
See his long toes!

He is starting to keep his eyes open more and to actually focus on things. It's kind of nice!
Dan has been wonderful and amazing and so incredible! Okay, Dan has ALWAYS been those things, but even more so now. It totally melts my heart every time I see him with Camden.

My two boys!! Doesn't Camden have long arms? Didn't I say the monkey outfit was appropriate?


On Thursday, Dan went home to shower and also to search for the perfect gift for his son, which he lovingly bestowed that morning. Camden's first present from his father:

And of course, you know me - once I start talking, it's hard to stop! So you get an update too.

Camden is being exceptionally kind to me. He has slept really well since we got home. (I hope this trend will continue, but I recognize that it might not.) I feed him - which he has taken to remarkably well - and then he has mostly gone right back to sleep. And then I can sleep for 3 hours and then feed him again. Seems like he is a little more awake after his early morning meal, but Dan has been great about taking care of him then, so I can go back to sleep.


I have discovered what everyone means when they talk about their milk coming in and all those other fun experiences. But it's kind of like hearing people bear testimony of the gospel - you hear it a million times and you know what people are saying but it doesn't really MEAN anything until you actually experience it for yourself - and then you actually begin to understand! So, yeah, I spent Friday night pretty much crying. Cause it's one thing to have a painful healing incision. But add breasts on fire and 9 months of cramping packed into one whammy (plus other assorted issues that really shouldn't be mentioned) and give that to the exhausted lady whose coping skills are hindered by hormonal overload -- well, the result is pretty inevitable. Buckets of tears (and the accompanying boogars) are the only way to handle it. Fortunately, my amazing sister-in-law was here to console me and reassure me this won't last forever - it just feels like it right now. :) And really, even though I don't love these experiences, I am glad to have them for myself. Now I know!


In addition, I would like to state plainly that I love Camden! I am glad he is here, even though he had to be sliced out of my belly, and even though changing from the pregnant woman to the nursing woman is not enjoyable. He is great and I am so glad to have my own son; that he is ours; that he came from Dan and me together. I am inexpressibly grateful that he was born to us and that we are all sealed together as an eternal family. I feel so blessed! Not just to have Camden in our lives, but blessed by the outpouring of kindness and love from my family and friends, and I know that God has blessed me and strengthened me because of others' prayers. Thank you!

3 comments:

The Halls said...

He is a cutie! Congratulations again. I love hearing about your adventures. I remember those first days. They are tough. Hang in there.

Rebecca said...

hee hee hee! I'm so happy for you. I really am, and I hope he continues to sleep for you. You deserve it!

Savannah said...

You're right! He does get cuter and cuter! I've found the same to be true of Denali. Every day she's a little cuter, and every day she is more fun! I love it! Sorry to hear that the switch has been difficult! All will turn out well in the end! I'm glad that Kristy is there to help you out! Love you!!