Camden's one month birthday is today! He had his 4-week check-up on Monday, where he weighed in at 7lbs 12 oz, measured 22 inches, and seems to be progessing just as he ought to be. Camden did not enjoy his visit and he made his displeasure known to probably everyone in the building. The doctor commented that he appears to be a very determined child.
Camden is awake a lot more, but he seems to be a little disappointed in how life is turning out. He cries a good bit and demands to be held anytime his eyes are open, and for a LONG time after they close. I've noticed that after I put him in the bassinet or the bouncy seat or the swing and I crawl into bed for some more sleep..... it's not until I have found the perfect comfortable spot and am half a second from REM sleep that he starts crying again, even though I swear he was zonked when I put him down. Oh, well. He really is a good boy. We take him outside pretty regularly now - it always soothes him and he calms down and seems asleep. Until you come back in the house. Then he is still calm for a while, but he wakes up!
Fortunately for me, Dan is super wonderful and is great at soothing Camden or trading off holding him even if the boy is still crying his siren scream. And Dan puts Camden to sleep in the evenings so I can go to bed earlier and will take him at night if he doesn't go to sleep shortly after I feed him. This would be reason #1076 for why I'm totally in love with my husband! He is so very good to me.
Anyway, sorry to ramble on, when I'm sure all you care about are the pictures.... So here are shots of Camden for the last week.
A cute sleepy Camden!
I just wanted you to see how long he is. And of course, note his cute knobby knees. (I wonder where he got those....)
This is Camden after a little snack. Very mellow, but still curious and wanting to see everything.
Milk drunk doesn't last very long with Camden. He's too interested in seeing everything. And I love his crinkly forehead!
It's been a rough afternoon and Daddy is coming to the rescue. Camden just isn't quite sure he is ready to be rescued.
This is a face we see all too often!! And he has the most pathetic, miserable cry to match the face.
3 comments:
I feel for you! Maybe its genetic magic that they always know when you are falling asleep so they can wake you up. We have that issue as well. Its not so bad now, thank goodness! He sure is adorable though. That crinkly forehead is too cute, and those scrawney knees..... oooh hoo hooo hooo!
My! He is a cute boy! He looks so awake and alert and smart... except when he's pitifully crying.
I love the updates! Remember, i want a family photo, too.
One month already! It sounds like he knows what he likes and lets you know! I keep fantasizing about how this baby of mine will be perfectly easy and never ever cry, and will sleep amazingly well at night. I guess I shouldn't set myself up for dissapointment, huh? Camden is so cute, and I love all the pictures!!
Post a Comment