How the heck are you supposed to wipe the bum (and manly crevasses), prevent his little flailing legs from becoming contaminated with poop, and stop the waterworks from the front end, all at the same time?!!! Camden had at least 3 geyser episodes during this one measly change, until there was not really anyplace on the exam table that was uncontaminated. And of course, he screamed about having his nether-regions exposed and he increased volume and intensity at peeing all over himself.
But the pediatrician says he gained weight well - Camden is now 6 lbs 15 oz, which is pretty close to birth weight. So she said I don’t have to wake him up all the time to feed him anymore. Hooray! And it’s official - the pediatrician says he is perfect.
She had me go ahead and get him dressed while she went to fetch some Vitamin D drops that she would like for us to give him. But Camden really doesn’t like getting dressed any more than he likes being undressed. He was protesting so vociferously when the doctor returned that it was difficult to hear her over the strident wails of our child. Don’t be misled by Camden’s cute little mewling sounds or eagle cries of slight distress. Our boy is like a tornado siren when he is really upset. But I still like him!
See.... here is why:
I really like his turtle neck!
3 comments:
what a little pumpkin! I have no advice to give you on the diaper changing front! I am scared of one day having a little boy to change! Not only due to the foreign sights, but also the damp delights! (hehe like my rhyme?) Good luck! Glad to hear he's gaining weight well!
When you say Vela is there, do you mean THE Vela? Arkansas Vela? Vela the wonderful doer of the taxes? Or is there some way you actually know two Velas?
Well, he sure is cute!! I meant to call and see how the appointment went, so I am glad you blogged about it. I do love a turtle neck as well, and he does have the cutest little faces. Even the screamy one- mostly because the sound is not there! Good work, Miranda!
Oh, I love it! What a great post. You have described perfectly what it's like to change a little man's diaper. In my thousands (tens of thousands?) of boy-diaper-changes, I've found that they eventually learn not to pee on their faces. Of course, they're still highly offended every time they do it... Until then, I put the new diaper under the old one, then quickly slide the old one out, clean everything up, and attach the new one. That way, there is always a diaper to flip up onto the man parts should they start erupting. I'm sure you'll get a system down. Love the pictures and that he is growing well. What a cutie!
Post a Comment