Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More snow! And ice!

So, the weatherman predicted an extreme ice storm would come in late last week, with the expectation of 1 inch of ice accumulating and a high probability of knocking out the power. Everybody got prepared, with the Red Cross beginning to stockpile and the power company having 3000 employees waiting for the callout. So it was a little disappointing to just have a nice storm. It was very beautiful. And so neat to hear the crackle, crackle of the ice-coated trees as the breezes blew. And then it snowed a couple of inches on top! We didn't have any breakage and the power really didn't go out. Which is kind of sad. Sometimes, it's just nice to have an adventure! We could have used our camp stove! We could have warmed ourselves with our fireplace. I could have dredged up skills from past Girl's Camps. Dan and I could have snuggled for warmth. Oh, wait. We already do that.


So, here are some pictures of our fun storm, which did allow us to get out of work for a little bit. Which is always fun! :D
A glimpse of our beautiful backyard. Yeah, you can probably tell we never really prepped our yard for winter. We never ripped out the dead things either. Hmmm. Maybe that will happen. Someday.
I really love icicles!!! And they were everywhere! It was great!

The ice under the snow made things a little slick. This isn't our car, but I thought it was impressive. And I felt bad for them. But it was gone the next day.



This just shows you it was snowing at a good rate. And of course, it shows that Dan is a hunk.


1 comment:

The Halls said...

Wow! Cool icicles. I love to look out my big picture window at night when it is snowing and watch the flakes fall. So pretty. I hope the pregnancy is going well. I think of you and I am happy for you.