Wednesday, February 24, 2010

30 weeks

Just in case you wondered.... I am now 30 weeks along in my pregnancy. People at work now compliment me on how slender I look. This is refreshing and enjoyable. Their observations didn't feel so complimentary back at Christmastime.

I had my regular checkup today and I was really pleased that everything still looks great! And I didn't even gain a ton of weight! (This is abnormal for me - I've been packing on the pounds at a unprecedented rate for me.) The doctor told me to "keep up the good work". My belly measured right on for the number of weeks I am and the baby is still squirming around like crazy and has a great heart rate.

I thought it might be fun to draw something on my belly in permanent marker, just to see how it would warp as my stomach bulged and stretched. I didn't do it. But my appendectomy scar is looking pretty cool. It's more like a really jagged lightning bolt than the precise incision line it used to be. I wonder how it will look after all this is done.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad things are going so well. Sounds like you're doing better than me. My doctor always had to say something like "you know you only need to gain about 25 pounds". Trying nicely to tell me to eat more veggies and less dessert. I suppose it would be inappropriate to ask for a picture of the scar. But I wouldn't mind another photo of pregnant Miranda.

Travis and Heather said...

Hello, it is blog stalker here. Heather...the ones that bummed along to your yearly trip to Nauvoo. You are just as funny in the blahgosphere as in face to face. I am so happy to hear your baby is happy and kicking and growing beautifully and your nursery is beautiful!! Hooray for your new baby!

Jen said...

I am so happy for you that your pregnancy is going well, Just 10 more weeks and you will have the most precious thing in the world, a new baby!!