Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Lloyd Shirt comes out of the closet

Way back when our families were smaller and we used to try to get together for Christmas, my brothers and sisters and parents had a Christmas service project of sorts where we all helped sort thrift store clothing rejects (think multi-colored plaid polyester pants size 40 waist, 25 leg; logo shirts of all types and styles; bold color wide-striped mu-mu; real leisure suits of bile-inducing print, etc) for shipment to needy people in Africa, I think.  We had a great time!  And we even got a couple of souvenirs.

Like Dan's Lloyd shirt.  Which reappeared, after a long absence, for the occasion of celebrating Dan's birthday.
We went bowling with some friends and Dan says this is the closest thing he has to a bowling shirt.  I have to say, it certainly made Dan a little less concerned about Camden puking on him.  We had a great time bowling.  During our second game, the boys (Dan, Randy and Skylar) got into a competition to see who could roll the ball the slowest (since their machine actually told you the speed of your ball in miles per hour).  Skylar won - he was able to throw his ball 3 mph.  And it still knocked over some pins.  It's a little humiliating to admit the boys still got more points that game than Maddie or I.

Camden really enjoyed himself and was just fascinated with everything.  I think we intercepted most stuff from making it to his mouth.  Dan and I both tried really hard not to be concerned about what he might have crawled through on the floor.  We didn't even sanitize him when we got home.  But we did change his clothes.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hee hee hee! I scoured the thrift stores in search of another Lloyd shirt for Dan for Christmas. You already know that I was not successful, but I tried. I tried!!