Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And so our great adventure begins!

Did I mention I'm temporarily the caretaker of 4 kids?  One is mine.  Three are my sister's while she has a fantastic holiday in Kenya!  She only barely left today, at an hour too early to mention.

Already we have four snotty coughing kids, three poopie diapers, two fighting children, and one fallen-out-tooth.  The morning has gone WAAAY better than I had hoped.

Here is a very zonked Steven.   He crashed on the floor shortly after this.

 Sarah discovered the box of blocks and they were a hit for everyone (except the sleeping Steven).

Sarah lost her first tooth!  
During breakfast Sarah said, "I lost my tooth."
"Great," I said, "Where is it?"
"Um, I don't know."  
Hooray, I thought, the lost tooth is lost.  Somewhere in my house is a person's body part.  Dan pointed out that Camden might eat it, which revolting idea encouraged me to double my efforts to locate it.  And we found it!  In the living room carpet.  I think it looks really icky.

Sarah just told me I'm not her aunt anymore if I won't let her play with the blocks.

Oh, yeah, and did I mention that Camden is teething....

I think it's going to be a very interesting 10 days.  Hopefully, Dan will still want to be married to me when it's over.

6 comments:

Shaunae said...

Whoa! That does sound like an eventful few weeks you have. The best part of having other kids around is how quiet it is when everyone goes home. You never realized how good you have it to just raise your own. :)

Wendi said...

We always look forward earnestly for adventures, enjoy them immensely while becoming rather exhausted, are usually happy when they are over, and look back on them quite fondly. I hope it is the same for this one (though it would be nice to forgo the exhaustion part... though that's probably inevitable with four kids involved).

Rebecca said...

You may actually be having more fun than us! Well, so far.

Rebecca said...

If it makes you feel any better (regarding Sarah not wanting you to be her aunt), she regularly tells me she doesn't want me to be her mommy anymore when I don't let her have her way. She usually stays that way until I point out all the benefits of me remaining Mom. "I guess if I'm not your mom anymore, I can't make you dinner/give you hugs/do mommy things".

Thanks for what you are doing! You are wonderful!!

Deborah

Jen said...

You got a house full, I look forward to reading about your adventures in the upcoming days, good luck.

Savannah said...

WOW. I had no idea this was happening!! Good luck! You are a saint! I am NOT a fan of babysitting (although we seem to end up doing it all to often for my liking) and I can't imagine watching 3 little kids, as well as my own for 10 whole days!! Even them being my cute nieces and nephews who I love dearly! How sweet and wonderful of you guys! I hope you are able to come away from the experience with your sanity, and your home, intact!!