So....... We made it to Baby Day!! I didn't really get much sleep the night before. Can't imagine why! But we had to be at the hospital awfully early Tuesday morning. This is me and our doctor just before the C-section.
I lose the big lump shortly after this (my belly, not the doctor!). Our doctor asked if he could pray with us before the procedure and he offered the nicest, most sincere prayer- that God would be with him as he performed the surgery and be with us and with our boy and that we would be great parents and raise up our son to know the Lord. It was really meaningful to me. 
The doctor did hold our son up above the screen, just after he came out, so I could see him. Even though the baby was in fact, kind of gross - being all white and a little bloody - I was amazed to see what our little boy looked like. He was not very happy to be pulled out of his cozy home and rubbed clean. Dan went with the nurses to the corner while they did their cleaning and measuring. I could hear our boy crying most of the time. This is Dan, carrying our son and showing him to me:
I was only able to see him for a few minutes and then Dan carried our boy to the nursery for the real clean-up and other baby prep. I'm glad Dan was able to be there and take pictures of all that. The anesthesiologist was very kind and distracted me with conversation just about the time I was beginning to feel frightened about what all was going on, on the other side of the sheet again.
Our baby was born officially at 7:28 am and I was all sewed up and back in my room at 8am. I didn't get to see my boy again until shortly after 11am because his breathing was very fast. The pediatrician wanted him to remain in the nursery until he breathed slower than 60 breaths/minute for at least half an hour, just to be sure he was monitored and wasn't developing an infection or something. Since I'd never been separated from him for so long, I was beginning to REALLY want to hold him and see him. Just about the time they were considering letting me take a wheelchair over to the nursery, the nurse brought him in! Here we are, me holding Camden for the first time:
We decided on the name yesterday. I was too dopey and tired to make any kind of decision on Tuesday. I think Camden gets cuter every day. I like him more every time I see him! Here is a pic from yesterday (I'm still really tired!):
10 comments:
Oh yay! He is beautiful! I am very happy for you all. Thanks for posting the pictures/story...brought tears to my eyes. I just love the newborn stage when they're all squishy and their limbs are scrawny. He is a handsome little boy.
I too have a tear in my eye. What a journey. Congratulations to both of you. Enjoy every minute. Babies are so precious and wonderful. I love the name too.
Way to go Miranda! Another of the many tender mercies of our Heavenly Father. Congratulations to you and Dan.
This just makes me so happy and excited!! He is a very cute baby. I think the people who were around me on Tuesday morning when I got the message must have wondered what I was so giddy about. His name fits him very well! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!
Congratulations! He is such a little cutie pie!! I'm so happy to hear all went well! I love all the pictures, especially of the one of Dan showing him to you for the first time. So precious! Can't wait to meet him! Hey, want to drive here to Mississippi this weekend for a visit while I'm still around? HAHA! Love you all!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are THRILLED your son is here safe and sound, and we also LOVE his name!!
That was a long wait to be able to hold your baby. I'm guessing he hasn't left your arms much since then. I love the photo of the 3 of you. A beautiful family!
I don't know if you knew we almost had a Camden 3 different times but they kept coming out girls. Elizabeth especially loves his name because one of her school buddies is a Camden.
We are so thrilled for you and happy seems to be healthy. I know I don't need to tell you to soak up every second. They grow up so fast!
Way to go. Congrats.
I'm so thrilled for your new family! Camden has certainly come to the some of the best, most deserving parents he could! Thanks for sharing your wonderful day.
Congrats on the cute little boy! I love the name! I am so happy for you both and glad Camden is here safe and sound. Enjoy all the wonderful things that a baby brings...
Post a Comment