We went to Mt Vernon with the Gregorys, spent some time on the National Mall, in museums, at the Zoo (with the Gregorys also), went to the temple, toured the Capital, enjoyed public transportation, played disc golf (I was close to a hole-in-one and even others on the course were quite impressed. Alas, close is insignificant when I must continue to bow to Tom and his amazingly (lucky) skillful (lucky) shot that has proven to be his only mentionable disc golf achievement, and yet I still bow my head in shame.), and generally had a great time.
Miranda with Rocks at the Natural History Museum
The train station by the zoo (location of the tallest escalator in the US, woo!)
Washington DC Temple
The most impressive and touching thing for me was going to National Archives and being able to see the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and other impressive documents. It gives me hope. If those men could, against all odds, achieve the great things that they did, then perhaps we can, against all odds, improve the chaotic world and moral decay we find ourselves in…perhaps?
No comments:
Post a Comment