Friday, May 1, 2009

Family in DC

We stayed with Miranda’s sister and her family while in DC. They were amazing and gracious and we had a great time. Rebecca took us thrift store shopping (always fun for me), to a great hamburger place (I don’t like hamburgers and this was actually so good that I was excited to return later in the week), and was basically an amazing hostess.


It was wonderful spending time with the nieces and nephew. It is always a hoot to hear and participate in conversations that we normally miss, not having children of our own. “Sometimes I scratch my bottom and then my fingers stink.” “I poopied in my underwears, see Daddy all the poopies” “Uncle Dan didn’t know the word for ‘wetlands,’ I think I know more Spanish than Dan does” (from a seven year old in a Spanish immersion class). There were others, but those are the ones that come to my immediate recollection.


We had a great time and it was nice to be the amazing aunt and uncle and to get little kid hugs and affection. But it was tiring.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Sarah conversations can be interesting as well. One of the things that gets me is when she tells me, "You went pee in the potty! Good Job. I'm so proud!"