Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yep. Still Cute.

We've been pretty busy getting ready for a new job and all that entails plus keeping up with life, like preparation for Young Women Camp and Youth Conference, keeping up with a young'un, and having our house ready to sell.  All that's really boring though, and I'm sure what you really care about is pictures of the especially cute one in the family.  

Isn't this a great cheesy grin?!
And yeah, he thinks he's cute too.
He was so proud of himself for figuring out how to open the phone.  It's totally his favorite toy now.  We had to give him our old one without service because he keeps calling the Police Department with mine and racking up data charges by accessing the internet.  I don't even know how to get to the Internet on my phone.

LOVES to play.  It's hard not to laugh when you hear Camden's belly laugh.
Camden is soooo a daddy's boy now.  It's kind of nice in a lot of ways because if Dan is around, Camden wants him!  But it's frustrating when Dan is around but needs me to take the boy, who is less than happy at having me.  

Camden likes to put Dan's hat on and off.  

A nice lady in the ward gave this mop to Camden.  He has quite enjoyed it.  
I just hope he enjoys housework this much when he's older!

All troubles are cured by a trip outdoors.  Especially if there is dirt to eat and water to play in.  This pot of zinnias is hardy - he's plucked them and pulled out one or two of them and they've survived, even if they don't retain their original splendor.

Camden discovers puddles during one of the calmer storms we've had.  We certainly had a bunch of good storms!  It was a lot more exciting and fun before people got hurt.  But I am grateful we didn't have any trouble.

This doesn't look all that comfortable to me, but Camden often sleeps in this position.  Cracks me up!

Camden enjoying some of the fruits, er, vegetables of our garden.... 


 I don't think he really liked it.
Maybe the carrot tastes funny cause the neighbor's cats use the garden as their litter box.  

We had a fun but short visit with our most excellent friends Tom and Wendi!   And silly us, we only took pictures of their kids.  So...do you think it's tacky to arrange a betrothal between Camden and their fantastic baby Lili?

We spent Memorial Day weekend with Dan's dad and sister Kera.  So fun!  But we worked pretty hard too. Dad had a yard project to work on and Kera and I (mostly Kera) made a bunch of meals to freeze for Dad.
We all helped.  
Seems like this was the closest Camden could be near his grandpa and still happy.  Silly little boy!

This is the finished project.  We ripped out the rocks and separated them from the weeds and other yuckiness, washed off the rocks, reprepped the earth, laid weed-tarp stuff, and replaced the pretty new rocks around the lovely landscaping Dad has.  It was a lot of work!  

Next day was busy!  Finishing the rock project; going to a rock & gem show (where we picked up some great finds); eating a delicious dinner out; and watching a Beatles-imitation band at a classy bar.
 It made for a long day, but it was really enjoyable - and my fantastic father-in-law thought of it all!  He's so great to plan out such a fun day full of things I like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should just find your email address to ask all my questions.....I didn't know you were moving. I hope everything goes smoothly with that!! When do you start the new job, or is that Dan's new job you were talking about? Preparing for YW Camp and Youth Conference sounds like a big job as well, good luck! :)

The Halls said...

I am excited to see you at the reunion. I think the geologist in you will be excited for some of the hikes in the area. There is a Lava canyon hike about 20 minutes from the reunion site. Water flows through the canyon and there are a few waterfalls too. There is also a lava tunnel you can hike through. It's called the Ape caves. I even found some video of the lava canyon hike on youtube. Good luck with the move. Where are you moving to?