
Anyhow, when we moved into our house we had a nice 10 by 20 foot shed in the back yard…with minor problems. (It was rotted through to the studs on one side.) So in an effort to show how quick I can learn and how brilliant I can be with my hands, I had Miranda’s dad (Tom) come out to help reside the beast. What better time than to spend all day outside that in the middle of a Oklahoma summer (most the work was done on July 4, 2008, it was only 90 degrees, but very humid…we sweat a lot).

But the heat inspired great ideas. Tom says we should insulate the building and put in a window and an A/C…and thus the start of the man cave. We finished three sides last July, but were unsure what we wanted to do with the front side.
After going through a bunch of options I chose to redo the door the same way it was before, just prettier. So here is the final product:
Truth be told, it’s not a man cave…it’s missing some very important features for that: large screen TV, recliner, refrigerator, shooting range, bat mobile, bar and barmaids, and of course a virtual disc golf course. I guess I have a little more work to do?
(The inside still looks like a shed...nice shed, but sad man cave.)
1 comment:
That's the way a true "man cave" should look inside. You know your place in the world. Ladder, lawn mower, gas tank, saw horse, caulking... Miranda has taught you the way the world really is.
Hope things are going well there. We miss you guys and wish there was another reunion soon. You guys need to plan a trip out to Utah asap. The girls would love to see you, and I would really love for you guys to meet Ricky and Zoe. (come for conference)
Post a Comment