So her friend convinced her to get a leopard print skirt and “hooker” boots. After she got her outfit together she went to her friend’s house for the runway experience. Unbeknownst to her she had missed an appointment with another friend who owns a salon to get her brows plucked and her hair straightened. (She didn’t know about the appointment because she did not set it up; her first friend did, but had neglected to tell her about it.) Anyhow, so she went from friend A’s house to friend B’s salon and was squeezed in. (At least she called home and asked how I felt about her straightening her hair, what a nice wife.)
(Well, here's proof that Miranda really does have multiple personalities)
The next day was Sunday and actually did become the “Miranda Show” (I don’t think she was freaky). We sang in the choir and sat on the stand and more than one person told me they had to lean over and ask their spouse who the new girl was. Miranda was very much the center of many people’s attention and she liked it a little less than she likes going to the dentist (not a semi-annual experience for her due to her utter disdain).
“Who’s that sitting next to...? No, that’s not Miranda.” (This turned into a long discussion between the husband and wife as they tried to prove each other wrong).
Miranda could probably add some more comments, but you get the idea.
As noted, she did not really like the attention and between the added work and the embarrassment is unlikely to do this on a regular basis...but it might be nice to see happen more often than her trips to the dentist.

Miranda said if she had to be a freak then at least I had to wear suspenders for her...sounded like a good deal...so here I am.
5 comments:
Wow, is it genetic? I think there is nothing sexier on a man then red suspenders! (Well, perhaps not if that is ALL he is wearing.) Miranda certainly did look different. She rocks, either way.
You guys both look great... as usual! :) I can't imagine going through all the work to straighten your hair though! holy cow! Very pretty though!
That is definitely a different look for you, Miranda! I'm sure there are quite a few of the women in this ward who would love to see this post, in the same way that your friends there enjoyed creating the subject of the post (that is, you). ;*) As for me, I hope you don't mind, but you are, and will simply always be, Miranda, with either curly or straight hair. And I think we look especially good with the L'oreal eye make-up rubbed all over our faces and armed with waterguns!
Wow! What fun for you.
Miranda does look smokin. I have to admit. I love her either way, but change is always fun. Miranda you are a good sport. Love that skirt!
Post a Comment