Saturday, April 28, 2012

Updates + Real life

Here's an update on my two boys!

Camden LOVES his baby brother!  He always wants to hold him, pat him, touch him, poke his eyes, and pick him up.  I was washing my hands after changing Ethan's diaper and Camden carried Ethan into the hallway to bring him to me.  Eek!  Fortunately, Camden did a pretty good job (with his limited skills) of carrying Ethan.  No head lolling or anything too frightening.  Except for the fact that my two-year-old picked up his brother.

Camden and Ethan both went to the doctor yesterday.  Camden had his two-year check-up and was amazing! He let the doctor touch him and he didn't even fuss about it.  In fact, he did not cry at all, until he got the jab in the leg, whereupon he commenced the cry of the completely betrayed.  Fortunately, it wasn't anything a sticker and a couple M&M's couldn't fix.

Anyway, stats for Camden:
Weight:  25.6 lbs, 22nd percentile
Height: 35 inches, 68 percentile
Head: 50 cm, 82 percentile

He went way up on his head circumference, and little bit above on his height and weight.  Yay for Camden!

Ethan just had a weight check, since he's really struggled to gain any weight at all.  In fact, at his two-week check up, he still weighed the same as when we left the hospital.  So, we've been using multiple methods to shovel food down his gullet.  Apparently, it's finally paying off and he is growing fast!  He grew two inches and gained a pound.  

Stats for Ethan:
Weight:  8lbs 8oz (and he was only 7lbs 13oz a week ago Friday)
Height:  22.5 inches
His head grew too, but I don't remember how much.  Sorry!

So the good news is that I can hopefully get back to just nursing Ethan and wean him from the bottles and cut down on having to pump.  It's amazing how much faster it is to feed him when he actually nurses well and I don't have to give him a bottle after!  Instead of a two-hour bout at night, I can sometimes be back in bed in less than an hour!  Ah!!!

Here are some pics of Ethan:

Such a scrawny boy!  But he has filled out a good amount since this picture.  

Loves his binky!

Here are the men of my life:  








And yes, this is totally my life now.  Dan talking on the phone for work and juggling the needs of our boys at the same time.  Messy kitchen and stuff everywhere.  Two cute boys and one very wonderful and handsome man!

 Can't remember why Dan fell asleep here, but it made me laugh!  Just shows how sleep deprived we are.  Sit down for a second and zonk!
 
Yep, keepin' in real.  My naked boy, reaching for a yummie Dan hooked over the door frame (because there are so few places he Camden can't reach now).  Yes, my church shoes are out because Camden pilfered them from my closet and paraded around the house in them. Yes, clutter everywhere because when I have free time, I use it to go to the bathroom, eat, and/or sleep. 

So, I now officially have a two-year-old son!  He's grown up a bit in that time.



Notice the disc for comparison.

Here is the birthday boy enjoying his cupcake.  
He was super excited about the candles and getting to blow out the fire.  He wanted the candles relit multiple times.  

Camden is soooooo busy!  He wants to explore everything.  His climbing skills recently improved significantly, so he can scale the barstool, the bathroom sink, the bookshelf, the dresser, and just about everything else.  If he can't climb it, he moves the stool to where he can reach things.  It's getting complicated!  Especially since he gets into stuff while I am feeding Ethan.  Sometimes I wonder if life would be easier with a dumb kid.  But probably a lot less fun!  

1 comment:

The Mayne Attraction said...

You're doing a great job Miranda! You're boys look so adorable! Glad to hear Ethan is gaining weight and hopefully getting better at nursing. I know how tough it can be pumping and nursing and feeding for meals. I guess the climbing genes much come from the Swarthout line because ALL of mine are monkeys. Nothing was safe once they hit 2 (or in Claire's case, once she learned to climb over the child's gate and up the bunk bed ladder...both before she was even walking!!!). Keep up the good work. Sending our love and lots of wishes for a future full of restful nights. XOXO