So I had planned on starting this blog last week, but I couldn't think of a name for it. That's always been the worst part for me when it comes to starting stories or papers. Here are some of the rejected names:
Wit and Whimsy - I wasn't sure that my wit was good enough or my whimsy sufficiently fantastic for this noble title
Dan’s Magical World of Nonsense (with credit to Krissy and the world within her marvelous head) - even without the parenthetical commentary it seemed too long.
Those were the only things that came to my uncreative mind until I was encouraged to try anagrams. Then some great things appeared particularly with “Daniel Robert”:
Detail Reborn - For an OCD person this was great, but I kept looking
Barren Toiled - Accurate, but depressing
Learned Orbit and Notable Rider - Both seemed presumptuous, but possible
Inert Lead Orb - Was more accurate, but it was the antithesis of Learned Orbit and I didn’t want to seem too stupid to my audience (that also precluded the use of I Noble Retard...which was my favorite anagram for my name)
Tabloid en Err - Great because I am quite scandalous at times, but again didn’t seem quite right
At Borderline - Almost perfect as it is where my clients drive me, but then I thought of my favorite Spanish hero:
Don Quijote
What’s a better summation of Dan than an aging man with only half his sanity. He straps on armor constructed out of random metal objects found around his home, jumps on his noble steed (an equally decrepit donkey) and with his friend(s) goes on a quest for misadventure. This in the hopes that he just might be worthy to win the love of his sweet Dulcinea. [Now the story does not quite a mirror here, I must interject at my wife’s honor. In no way should it be construed that Miranda, my fearless Dulcinea, was ever spawned in a dung heap nor has she ever carried on a career so unsavory as that shared by the character in the original story. (She at one time had a co-worker who professed to celebrate Lesbian Thursdays, but that is probably the closest she has come to profiting from immorality).] I digress...
Truth be told, I felt a keen connection with said character of fact and fiction and decided to share many of my misadventures under his onerous perspicacity.
6 comments:
Dan,
I look forward to more blogs from you. You are great to read. Are you on Facebook?
Kathy
I am fond of Inert Lead Orb. It reminds me of the intrinsic nature of your disk golf disks seemed to have once they leave your hand…or were those disks mine…
Either way, awesome to see your have a blog! I am very much looking forward to more entertaining epigrams.
Hurray! Glad to see you blogging.
Dan!!! How Exciting!!! I am so glad you have a blog!! How are you guys doing??
Dan,
Glad to see that you used a picture of my noble steed, rather than a decrepid donkey, for your maiden blog!
Tom
Go get those fiesty windmills!
Post a Comment